The bylaws of the American Association for Access, Equity and Diversity (AAAED) require that there be “A meeting of members for the transaction of business of the Association to be brought before it, [which] shall be held each year….” Thus, AAAED holds an annual meeting of its membership in selected cities around the nation. The meeting is held in conjunction with a national conference, including plenary sessions, workshops, and other opportunities for professional development and networking.
This year we are offering four (4) conference tracks that you can mix and match to meet your needs. The following tracks and topics include these and more:
- AA/EEO Compliance – EEO, AA regulatory changes, recruiting strategy, applicant tracking, compensation updates, how to move your organization beyond the regulations
- Academics – faculty recruitment, violence on campus, elevating institutional effectiveness, harassment, aligning with the academic mission, title IX
- Diversity/Inclusion – what happens when you are not at the table, moving your diversity program to the next level, LGBTQ, diversity metrics and measurements
- Professional Development – moving your career forward, changing careers, branding yourself
Our goal is to provide attendees with practical guidance and tips that can be put to use quickly within your organizations. You will hear from agencies such as the OFCCP, EEOC, OCR, and others. We will also offer a variety of pre-conference sessions such as:
- Basics of Affirmative Action, Faculty Recruitment, Diversity
- Title IX beginning and advanced sessions
- Senior certification for PDTI
- New Professionals Academy
- Student Symposium
This conference is designed to meet the needs of any person classified as an EEO/AA or diversity professional. This would include equal opportunity directors, EEO specialists, affirmative action officers, human resource professionals, chief diversity officers, diversity and inclusion consultants and leaders, industrial relations specialists, labor relations advisors, career planning specialists, prospective managers, and other equity and inclusion professionals.
You do not need to be a member of AAAED to attend, however, if you would like to become a member to receive discounts, get more information about AAAED membership.
AAAED will pursue HRCI and CLE certification for the program.