Regional Governance and State Coordinators
The AAAED has nine regions led by directors who serve as members of the Board of Directors. See Board of Directors page at http://www.aaaed.org/aaaed/Board_of_Directors.asp and the Regional map at http://www.aaaed.org/aaaed/Regional_Map.asp.
The regional leadership includes a State Coordinator, an Alternate Regional Director, a Regional Secretary and Regional Treasurer.
The Association is divided into nine (9) Regions. The states and territories which comprise each Region are:
- Region I: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island
- Region II: New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Region III: Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, District of Columbia
- Region IV: Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida
- Region V: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois
- Region VI: New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma
- Region VII: Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri
- Region VIII: Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming
- Region IX: California, Nevada, Arizona, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska, Hawaii, Trust Territories, American Samoa, Guam, Marianas
AAAED Members are encouraged to contact their regional directors and to join the local leadership as committee members or other such positions as are available. Participating on the regional, state and local levels provides excellent opportunities to meet colleagues in the profession and to share experiences about issues of mutual interest.
For information about your regional leadership or to obtain contact information please email the National Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You may also use the volunteer form and indicate that you wish to serve on the regional committees or in other capacities at the regional level. http://www.aaaed.org/aaaed/Volunteer_Form.asp