Regional Governance and State Coordinators
The AAAED has nine regions led by directors who serve as members of the Board of Directors. See Board of Directors page at http://www.aaaed.org/aaaed/Board_of_Directors.asp
The regional leadership includes a State Coordinator, an Alternate Regional Director, a Regional Secretary and Regional Treasurer.
The Association is divided into six (6) Regions. The states and territories which comprise each Region are:
- Mid-Atlantic Region (formerly Region III): Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia
- Midwest Region (formerly Region V and VII): Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio and Wisconsin
- Northeast Region (formerly Region I and II): Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, Vermont, Rhode Island and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Pacific Region (formerly Region IX): Alaska, Arizona, California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, Trust Territories, American Samoa, Guam, and Marianas
- Southeast Region (formerly Region IV): Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee
- Southwest and Rocky Mountain Region (formerly Region VI and VIII): Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Wyoming
AAAED Members are encouraged to contact their regional directors and to join the local leadership as committee members or other such positions as are available. Participating on the regional, state and local levels provides excellent opportunities to meet colleagues in the profession and to share experiences about issues of mutual interest.
For information about your regional leadership or to obtain contact information please email the National Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You may also use the volunteer form and indicate that you wish to serve on the regional committees or in other capacities at the regional level. http://www.aaaed.org/aaaed/Volunteer_Form.asp