AAAED DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
PDTI VIRTUAL – 2021
June 28, 2021 – July 21, 2021
With the work of AAAED and like-minded individuals and organizations, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Management Training is Back! During the fall of 2020, an executive order issued by the previous administration temporarily halted the delivery of diversity, equity and inclusion training. This Order had a chilling effect on government agencies, private contractors and institutions of higher education, which halted or closed their training programs out of concern that their contracts and grants would be canceled. AAAED joined a lawsuit to reverse this harmful order (NUL v. Trump). Today, we are proud to announce that the Order was revoked and we are free to address issues of racial and gender equity, and take positive steps to attain a diverse workforce through training and educational programs. It’s time to register again. Join us for the 2021 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Management Program.
Individuals who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) Management. This course also qualifies for Senior Certified Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Professional (Sr. CAAEP) and recertification credits. This DE&I Management Program provides an excellent opportunity for Chief Diversity Officers; Equity, Diversity and Inclusion professionals, labor and employment counsel, as well as EEO and affirmative action practitioners to learn about this developing field and/or to hone their skills in the effort to achieve inclusive excellence.
CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS: DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION (DE&I) MANAGEMENT PROGRAM (16 HRS.)
Diversity is critical to the success of organizations. This highly interactive and intensive sixteen-hour course provides participants with a thorough introduction to the field of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Management, in theory and as applied, both in private industry, higher education and government.
Participants are required to:
- Complete the DE&I Coursework, including assessments given at the end of each class.
- Complete the DE&I Project Paper.
Who Would Benefit: Diversity officers, equity and diversity staff, Human Resources professionals, affirmative action/EEO Professionals, lawyers, consultants and others whose duties include promoting a diverse workforce and responding to the demands of increasingly diverse stakeholders, including employees, students and suppliers.
The DE&I Management Program for 2021 is entirely virtual. There will be an assessment given during the course. The assessment is also mandatory.
Key Topics include:
- An Overview of Equal Employment Opportunity /Affirmative Action
- Fundamentals of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Management
- Recruitment and Retention Strategies to Hire Diverse Faculty/Staff
- Climate Surveys; Assessment and Evaluation of DEI programs and initiatives
- Change Management; Leading High-Performance Teams
- Employee Resource Groups: A Helpful & Creative Mechanism for Moving Beyond Diversity
- Managing a Multi-Generational Workforce-
- Utilizing Diversity Metrics and Data to Communicate DEI Priorities to your C-Suite Executives
DE&I Project Paper
- Project Proposal: A project proposal must be submitted and approved by the second week of the program.
- Project Submission: The final DE&I Project Paper must be submitted by the last day of the course. The paper will be reviewed and graded.Participants must receive a grade of B or above in order to receive the Certificate in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Management.
The project must be on a current issue in DE&I and related to the DE&I work at an institution, agency or company, or in private practice. It should demonstrate the application and integration of the key concepts from the classes in the DE&I Management program.
Attendees will receive an AAAED/PDTI Certificate in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Management.
(Counts towards the Sr. CAAEP and recertification) Agenda is subject to change.
To register for the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Management Program for 2021, click here: https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/1936043575148664834
For PDTI Faculty Biographies, see the PDTI Course Catalog by clicking here: https://www.aaaed.org/images/aaaed/Press_Releases/2020/AAAED-PDTI-Catalog-2020-2021.pdf
Price for the 16-hour program: $900.00. There is a 30 percent discount ($630.00) for AAAED members.