Maximize your meeting potential by signing with the leading experts in affirmative action, diversity and equal opportunity law with AAAED SPEAKERS. The American Association for Access, Equity and Diversity (AAAED) is the premier source for speakers on these very substantive and engaging topics. AAAED Speakers helps you connect with members who are practitioners and leaders in the fields of affirmative action, EEO, and diversity. They have years of experience in their fields and have a thorough understating of what constitutes affirmative action and diversity programs, being able to offer unique perspectives to your meeting/event.
What is AAAED?
The American Association for Access, Equity and Diversity (AAAED) is the association of professionals managing affirmative action, equal opportunity, diversity and other human resource programs. Founded in 1974, AAAED is a national not-for-profit association of professionals working in the areas of affirmative action, equal opportunity (EEO) and diversity. We help our members to be more successful and productive in their careers. We also promote understanding and advocacy of affirmative action to enhance access and equality in employment, economic and educational opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
• This is my first time booking a speaker. What do I need to consider?
• How much do speakers cost?
• What is the cost of AAAED Speakers’ service?
• How much time will the speaker spend with our organization?
• How do we choose the right speaker for our event?
• What service does AAAED Speakers provide after we have selected a speaker?
• Once we decide to hire AAAED Speakers, how do we proceed?
Q. This is my first time booking a speaker. What do I need to consider?
The keynote fee generally covers one 30-90 minute presentation. Fees are always subject to change and may vary based upon the length of presentation desired or the location of your event. For that reason, please speak with an AAAED representative about the fees before making any plans. Some things to consider include additional expenses, audio and video taping of appearances, contracting the engagement, and payment terms:
Audio and Video Taping of Appearances
If you plan to capture your speaker's presentation on audio or video, written permission must be obtained prior to the event.
Contracting the Engagement
It is important to clearly outline the activities in which you wish your speaker to participate in the original contract. For example, if you contract a speaker to deliver only a keynote address, the contract fee is for this service only.
A non-refundable deposit is collected at the time a speaker is booked for the event. This deposit guarantees the date will be reserved for you on the speaker's calendar. In the event of a cancellation by your organization, the deposit will be forfeited. If a cancellation occurs within 60 days of the event date, the entire fee and any already-incurred travel/preparation expenses will be due.
Q. How much do speakers cost?
Speaker fees are impacted greatly by factors such as name recognition, demand for the speaker's services, location of event, length of presentation, etc. At AAAED Speakers, our speakers' appearance fees range from $1,000 to more than $5,000 plus travel expenses.
The keynote fee generally covers one 30-90 minute presentation. Fees are always subject to change and may vary based upon the length of presentation desired or the location of your event. For that reason, please speak with AAAED before making any plans based on a fee. In addition to the speaker's appearance fee, you will also be responsible for all of the speaker's expenses necessitated by his or her appearance at your event (except in cases where the speaker has a travel-inclusive fee).
Additional expenses may include:
• Ground Transportation (Limousine, taxi, or rental car - to/from departure airport and to/from arrival airport)
• Meals and Incidental Expenses
• Audio-Visual Equipment (slide projector, projection screen, wireless lavaliere microphone, etc.)
• Administrative costs
We incur only reasonable expenses and will not book First Class travel unless approved by the client.
Q. What is the cost of AAAED Speakers’ service?
The speaker's honorarium and expenses will also cover our administrative costs which are a percentage of the honorarium.
Q. How much time will the speaker spend with our organization?
Because every speaker is unique, circumstances will vary. However, your speaker will be available to you for the length of time agreed upon in your original contract. One of the tasks of our event solutions specialists is assisting you with the development of a proposed schedule of events so that everyone involved in ensuring the success of your event is working from the same script.
Q. How do we choose the right speaker for our event?
AAAED will help you narrow the range of your choices. We are well informed of the relative strengths and abilities of our available speakers. Once we have become familiar with your organization, we can make some helpful suggestions. However, the final decision is always yours. If you have a clear idea of what your ultimate objectives are, the process can be made immeasurably easier. You may want to start by asking yourself a few key questions:
• Why is this event being held in the first place?
• What do we want the attendees to know, think, or feel after this event?
• What expectations will they bring to the event?
• What special circumstances, issues, or challenges are we facing right now?
• How should this event build upon previous events circumstances?
Your answers will help us to both narrow your search and find just the right speaker to compliment your vision and accomplish your goals.
Q. What service does AAAED Speakers provide after we have selected a speaker?
Once a speaker accepts your invitation, we handle all the business details to make absolutely certain there are no misunderstandings or glitches. We issue a contract. We coordinate all communication between you and the speaker to ensure that your specific program requirements are met. We work with you on all the logistics - from travel arrangements and accommodations to schedules and itineraries.
Q. Once we decide to hire AAAED Speakers, how do we proceed?
• The Call... First, you place a call to our event solutions specialist to discuss your objectives. Your AAAED SPEAKERS representative will then walk you through the process of selecting a speaker for your event. We can work with you to schedule the speaker you have in mind, or we can make suggestions based upon your input.
• The Confirmation... Once a speaker is agreed upon, we will send to you a Confirmation Sheet. The Confirmation Sheet will include specific details such as the event sponsor, date, fee, location and any other relevant information. Signing and faxing the Confirmation Sheet back to AAAED SPEAKERS verifies your interest in the speaker and grants AAAED SPEAKERS permission to present a firm offer to the speaker on your behalf.
• The Offer... After an authorized confirmation is received by AAAED SPEAKERS, we will submit a Firm Offer to the speaker on your behalf. The speaker will then review the terms of the offer. If the speaker is available on the requested date(s) and all other terms are acceptable, the signed offer will be returned to AAAED SPEAKERS and we will move forward in the process.
• The Contract... Upon acceptance of the offer, your representative will issue the necessary paperwork to your organization. This paperwork includes the Contract for the engagement, publicity materials and invoices. At that point, we are off and running. It is that easy to confirm a speaker for your next event!
Our service does not stop after the speaker is confirmed. We are always available to answer questions, offer ideas or just talk about your event and its progress. As the date of the event approaches, you will be contacted by our Event Coordinator to make the final preparations for your speaker's visit.
•The Event Advance Sheet... The Event Advance Sheet (EAS) will serve as the final itinerary for your event, including information regarding hotel arrangements, flights, schedule of events, information on your organization and any other vital details. This also includes phone numbers to reach all parties should the need arise to discuss any last minute issues.
Our goal is to make your speaker-scheduling process run as smoothly as possible!